In Day 14 of our epic family travel adventure we travel from Vienna to Prague. Our chosen transport for our trip was aboard a bus – on the RegioJet bus lines. This turned out the be a cheaper and easier option than train or plane. The bus station was only about 7 minutes walk from our hotel which was very convenient, considering we were travelling fairly light. Finding the right bus and boarding our bus turned out to be very easy.
The bus was not as comfortable as we had hoped. The seats were fairly cramped and not altogether comfortable. There weren’t any stretch breaks along the way, or toilet stops. The bus was 100% full for the entire journey. It really was a “cattle class” bus trip. This wasn’t really a problem, especially since the total cost for the 4.5 hour journey was only 45 Euros for the three of us!
I guess our hopes were a bit high, since our previous bus-trip was from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. It was like flying in first class, and luxurious all the way. You can read about that trip here.
Arrival in Prague
When we arrived in Prague we had about a 10 minute walk to our new home. Once again it was quite uneventful, and it was great to see the buildings of Prague at long last. Checking into the hotel, it was time to do some laundry at the local laundromat.
I had researched 3 laundromats on Google Maps. The first one was a dud, it was a dry cleaner place which wanted to charge $3 per tee-shirt. I instead made a half hour walk to a regular laundromat and managed to wash and dry a load of washing for about $15 in total. It was a lovely walk, especially as on the twilight walk back to the hotel I had a great view of Prague Castle. This is the largest castle in the world! World Heritage listed, it was built in the 8th century. We are really looking forward to touring this amazing site, but for now it was good just to get a view of it.
Time to rest up for some exploring tomorrow of the amazing city of Prague. Like Vienna, the entire city centre is listed as a World Heritage site. Can’t wait to explore it!
Catch our other VLOG adventures
You can catch other VLOG episodes of this family adventure by clicking these links:
- Ramon leaves Noi Bai Airport in Vietnam in the Day 1 VLOG.
- Ramon, Clarice and Clarc travel from Bangkok, Thailand to Doha, Qatar in the Day 2 VLOG.
- London Sight-Seeing aboard the Big Bus Tours in the Day 3 VLOG.
- We do some more London Sight-Seeing by foot and hire some bicycles in the Day 4 VLOG.
- Travelling from London Heathrow Airport to Geneva was the main activity in the Day 5 VLOG.
- We chilled out for a day in Geneva and found a French Brassiere in the Day 6 VLOG.
- Grand Place in Brussels was the main attraction in the Day 7 VLOG.
- We get back on the Big Bus Tours, this time in Budapest in the Day 8 VLOG.
- Another day in Budapest, this time exploring the Royal Palace in the Day 9 VLOG.
- Making the train trip from Budapest to Vienna was quite a challenge in the Day 10 VLOG.
- We explore Vienna’s number 1 attraction Schonbrunn Palace in the Day 11 VLOG.
- Vienna city-centre self guided foot tours were the activities for the Day 12 VLOG.
- We got back on the Vienna Big Bus Tour and had a look at the Military Museum in the Day 13 VLOG.
If you would like to read more about our family travel adventures, you can subscribe by clicking HERE and we’ll email you each time a new blog post is published.