In Day 17 of our epic family travel adventure we flew from Prague in Czech Republic to Geneva in Switzerland. Then we crossed the border by foot into France for our final destination. The sad fact about holidays is that every good holiday must come to an end eventually. And ours indeed nearing the final stages, we are going home.
How we did it
We left our lovely hotel in central Prague bright and early. Having heard how notorious the local cabs are for rip-offs, we hired an airport transfer through the hotel. It was a little expensive however the luxury of the new E-class Mercedes-Benz was thoroughly appreciated. Check out the GPS navigation on the video, it’s the biggest one I’ve ever seen! And the most comfortable car seat I’ve ever sat in.
Prague airport was surprisingly comfortable. Plenty of shopping and moderately priced food. Then our Swiss Airways plane arrived, the happiest plane we’ve ever been on. That is, if you judge it by the happy murals painted all over it! Check it out in the video, it’s a seriously happy colour scheme.
After landing we met our host RJ, then took a train, a tram and a bus to our destination. It was quite easy and not overly expensive, about 8 Swiss francs for a 24 hour ticket. After we arrived we walked across the border straight to our…. favorite French Brassiere shop. You can see it way back on our Day 6 VLOG. We’re nearly there now – we are going home!
Catch our other VLOG adventures
You can catch other VLOG episodes of this family adventure by clicking these links:
- Ramon leaves Noi Bai Airport in Vietnam in the Day 1 VLOG.
- Ramon, Clarice and Clarc travel from Bangkok, Thailand to Doha, Qatar in the Day 2 VLOG.
- London Sight-Seeing aboard the Big Bus Tours in the Day 3 VLOG.
- We do some more London Sight-Seeing by foot and hire some bicycles in the Day 4 VLOG.
- Travelling from London Heathrow Airport to Geneva was the main activity in the Day 5 VLOG.
- We chilled out for a day in Geneva and found a French Brassiere in the Day 6 VLOG.
- Grand Place in Brussels was the main attraction in the Day 7 VLOG.
- We get back on the Big Bus Tours, this time in Budapest in the Day 8 VLOG.
- Another day in Budapest, this time exploring the Royal Palace in the Day 9 VLOG.
- Making the train trip from Budapest to Vienna was quite a challenge in the Day 10 VLOG.
- We explore Vienna’s number 1 attraction Schonbrunn Palace in the Day 11 VLOG.
- Vienna city-centre self guided foot tours were the activities for the Day 12 VLOG.
- We got back on the Vienna Big Bus Tour and had a look at the Military Museum in the Day 13 VLOG.
- The trip from Vienna to Prague was an interesting bus-trip in the Day 14 VLOG.
- We did a self guided foot tour around Prague in our Day 15 VLOG.
- Medieval was the theme when we visited Karlstejn Castle near Prague in our Day 16 VLOG.
- Another day another zoo, this time in Prague in our Day 17 VLOG.
If you would like to read more about our family travel adventures, you can subscribe by clicking HERE and we’ll email you each time a new blog post is published.