In Day 19 of our epic family travel adventure it’s time to head from Europe to Vietnam. Back to work that is. Check out my short video to see what it’s like to travel through 5 countries in 2 days! This is actually my commute to work.
- Leaving our host’s house, first I travelled by foot across the border from France into Switzerland. I must say, this is a bit of a novelty, especially with no customs or security.
- Then 3 bus rides to Geneva International Airport.
- Then a 5 hour flight to Doha, Qatar.
- A 3 hour stopover until the next flight.
- Then a 6 hour flight to Bangkok.
- An overnight stop at a hotel near the airport.
- Next day a 1.5 hour flight to Hanoi, Vietnam.
Signing out, for now
This is the last leg of this epic family travel adventure. I hope you enjoyed coming along with us! This is my first attempt at regular VLOG’ing, it started off a bit rough but I found a few improvements along the way. Hopefully by next holiday I can iron out a few of the bugs.
We started off on the first few VLOGS using our GoPro Hero 5. It’s a superb camera for video quality, however the sound was terrible. If you watch our early videos you’ll hear some loud pops and cracks all through, caused by the microphone setup on the Go-Pro. I got sick of the horrible sound and decided to move to the iPhone.
After that all the videos were filmed on my iPhone 6 plus. Not only that they were produced on iMovie on the iPhone as well. Except for a couple which were produced on FilmoraGo (a great little free app). So they were 100% shot and produced iPhone videos. The only variation was the use of a cheap lapel microphone, a Boy Lavalier BY-M1. This made a huge difference to the audio quality, I hope you enjoy it!
Catch our other VLOG adventures
You can catch other VLOG episodes of this family adventure by clicking these links:
- Ramon leaves Noi Bai Airport in Vietnam in the Day 1 VLOG.
- Ramon, Clarice and Clarc travel from Bangkok, Thailand to Doha, Qatar in the Day 2 VLOG.
- London Sight-Seeing aboard the Big Bus Tours in the Day 3 VLOG.
- We do some more London Sight-Seeing by foot and hire some bicycles in the Day 4 VLOG.
- Travelling from London Heathrow Airport to Geneva was the main activity in the Day 5 VLOG.
- We chilled out for a day in Geneva and found a French Brassiere in the Day 6 VLOG.
- Grand Place in Brussels was the main attraction in the Day 7 VLOG.
- We get back on the Big Bus Tours, this time in Budapest in the Day 8 VLOG.
- Another day in Budapest, this time exploring the Royal Palace in the Day 9 VLOG.
- Making the train trip from Budapest to Vienna was quite a challenge in the Day 10 VLOG.
- We explore Vienna’s number 1 attraction Schonbrunn Palace in the Day 11 VLOG.
- Vienna city-centre self guided foot tours were the activities for the Day 12 VLOG.
- We got back on the Vienna Big Bus Tour and had a look at the Military Museum in the Day 13 VLOG.
- The trip from Vienna to Prague was an interesting bus-trip in the Day 14 VLOG.
- We did a self guided foot tour around Prague in our Day 15 VLOG.
- Medieval was the theme when we visited Karlstejn Castle near Prague in our Day 16 VLOG.
- Another day another zoo, this time in Prague in our Day 17 VLOG.
- Travelling from Prague to Geneva aboard the happiest plane in the sky in the Day 18 VLOG.
If you would like to read more about our family travel adventures, you can subscribe by clicking HERE and we’ll email you each time a new blog post is published.